- The publisher
The website https://grandprix.westfield.com and its sub-domains (hereinafter the "Site") is published by UNIBAIL MANAGEMENT, a simplified joint stock company with a capital of 20,000,000 euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 414 878 389, whose registered office is at 7 place du Chancelier Adenauer in PARIS (75016), and represented by its Managing Director, Ms Anne-Sophie SANCERRE, on the one hand, and WESTFIELD EUROPE LIMITED, a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is 4th Floor 1 Ariel Way, London, United Kingdom, W12 7SL (hereinafter referred to as "the Organiser"), both of which are companies in the UNIBAIL-RODAMCO-WESTFIELD group.
Furthermore, this Site is created and hosted by Agorize, a simplified joint stock company with a share capital of €107,217.90, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 530 774 439 and whose registered office is located at 15 rue Béranger, 75003 Paris, France, Tel: +33 (0) 1 55 43 79 45
- Director of publication :
Ms Anne-Sophie SANCERRE
- Site developments :
This Site is developed by AGORIZE, a simplified joint stock company with a share capital of 107 217,90 €, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 530 774 439 and whose registered office is located at 15 rue Béranger, 75003 Paris, France, Tel: +33 (0) 1 55 43 79 45
- Site hosting :
This Site is hosted by AGORIZE within AMAZON WEB SERVICES :
Region of operation:
EU-west-3 (Paris, France)
Amazon Web Services
Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle,
WA 98108-1226, USA
The Organiser, which specialises in the management, promotion and investment of large shopping centres located in major cities in Europe and the United States, is organising a competition in the UK called "Westfield Grand Prix" (hereinafter the "Competition").
In order to take part in the Competition, the Organiser provides a platform accessible via the website https://grandprix.westfield.com (hereinafter the "Participation Platform") for candidates to the Competition (hereinafter the "Candidates").
These General Terms and Conditions of Use (hereinafter the "GTCU") govern the access, consultation and use of the Participation Platform and its services.
By creating an account on the Participation Platform, you confirm that you have read and accepted these GTCU, which constitute a legally binding contract between you and the Organiser. If you do not accept the terms of these GTCU, you renounce access to the Participation Platform.
In addition, prior to your participation in the Competition, you will be able to consult the rules relating to the Competition.
In order to improve your user experience, the Participation Platform may modify the structure and design, as well as certain services or content of the GTCU without prior notice. In this respect, Candidates are invited to regularly consult the GTCU on the Participation Platform in order to take note of any such changes.
If you have any questions about the Competition, the Participation Platform and its services, you can contact us by email at the following address email@example.com
Capitalized terms used in these GTCU, whether in the singular or plural, shall have the meanings set forth below:
"Candidate" means any natural person who has an Account on the Participation Platform and who wishes to take part in the Competition under the conditions set out in the Competition Rules.
"Community" means all the Candidates on the Participation Platform.
"Account" refers to the Candidate's personal account that must be created in order to become a member of the Participation Platform and access the Services offered by the latter in an authenticated and secure manner.
"Competition" refers to the competition called "Westfield Grand Prix" which promotes new sustainable business concepts created by young entrepreneurs and supports their development to make tomorrow's business successes. The aim of the Competition is to highlight the creativity, commitment to sustainable development and efficiency of new business concepts and to support the winners in their commercial and installation process.
"Personal Data" means any information relating to the User who is an identified or identifiable natural person, directly or indirectly, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
"Application Pack" means all articles, original ideas, documents or other materials (such as presentations, videos, etc.) uploaded to the Participation Platform by the Candidate in order to submit his/her application to the Competition.
"Force Majeure" means any circumstances or occurrence which is beyond the reasonable control of that party including acts of God, governmental actions, war, or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, strike, lock-out or other form of industrial action (other than those relating solely to that party’s own workforce).
"Competition Rules" means the rules applicable to the Competition which are binding between the Promoter and each Entrant. In the event of any discrepancies or inconsistencies with the GTCU, the Contest Rules shall prevail.
"Services" means all content and products, services, features, technologies or functions provided by the Participation Platform.
- Creating an Account on the Participation Platform
The creation of an Account on the Participation Platform is reserved for Candidates who are natural persons and at least 18 years old.
If you wish to create an Account on the Participation Platform in the name and on behalf of a company, you must obtain prior authorisation from the said company and confirm that the company authorises you to create the Account in its name and on its behalf and that it accepts these GTCU.
3.2. Account creation process
To create your Account on the Participation Platform, you must fill in the mandatory fields on the registration form (including your name, email address and password as well as information about your business project such as the name of the concept, the launch date, the number of shops opened, the location, etc.).
A link to activate your Account will be sent to you by email to the address you provided on the registration form and your Account will be activated once you click on this link.
To open an Account, you must first :
- have read and accepted these GTCU and the competition rules
You may delete your Account at any time as described in Article 9 of these GTCU.
Any attempt to create an Account with an email address already linked to another Account will not be successful.
The Participation Platform allows Candidates to:
- to consult the information relating to the Competition and any other competition or programme organised on the Participation Platform, as well as to register for them, if applicable, provided that they create an Account beforehand;
- interact with other members of the Participation Platform or with the Organiser through discussion forums, chats, emails etc.
3.3 Accuracy of the information provided
The Candidate undertakes to register in its own name and on behalf of the company it owns or represents. Failure to do so may result in the Candidate being held liable for identity theft and/or infringement of third party rights, which is subject to sanctions.
The Candidate guarantees that the Account associated with his or her profile contains accurate and updated information, where applicable.
The Candidate undertakes to ensure that his or her Account does not contain any information :
- False, misleading or deceptive;
- Not verifiable ;
- In violation of applicable law ;
- In violation of third party rights ;
- In violation of these GTCU;
- In violation of public order.
The Candidate personally chooses a password that will be used with his/her e-mail address to authenticate him/her when connecting to the Participation Platform.
It is the Candidate’s responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the password associated with their Account.
To ensure the security of his Account, the Candidate undertakes not to disclose his password to third parties and to take all necessary precautions to prevent third parties from gaining access to it. The Candidate reserves the right to suspend or close the Account and/or access to the Participation Platform in the event of non-compliance with this rule.
If the password is lost or forgotten, the Candidate can reset the password using the "Forgot Password" function on the login screen. The Candidate will then receive a reset email to the email address used as the Account ID indicating the procedure to follow.
The Candidate agrees to inform the Organiser without delay in the event of any loss, theft or unauthorised use of his/her login details or in the event of a security breach so that the Organiser can take all appropriate measures to remedy the situation.
In the absence of notification, the Organiser cannot be held responsible for the potentially damaging consequences of an unauthorised third party accessing the Account via these login details.
Consequently, except in the case of disclosure of identifiers caused by a fault or negligence on the part of the Organiser, the Candidate accepts that all actions related to his/her Account will be deemed to have been carried out by him/her in the absence of notification of loss, theft or unauthorised use of his/her login details, and in particular any connection to his/her Account and any action triggered from his/her Account. The Candidate may nevertheless prove the contrary and demonstrate the existence of fraud attributable to a third party.
As a member of the Participation Platform :
- you can access a personalised space on the Participation Platform, which contains your profile, allows you to consult all relevant information about the Competition and generally about all the programmes organised on the Participation Platform for which you have registered;
- you may enter the Competition and any programme organised on the Participation Platform, subject to compliance with the various rules relating to the said programmes;
- you can upload your Application Form to take part in the Competition or any programme organised on the Participation Platform;
- you can communicate and exchange messages, including by email and chat, with members of the Participation Platform and the Organiser.
The Organiser may award prizes to the winning Candidates in accordance with the competition rules.
It is the sole responsibility of the Organiser to evaluate the entire Application Form and to decide independently, according to its own criteria in accordance with the competition rules, on the winner(s) of the Competition. The decisions taken by the Organiser are considered final.
- Content you post on the Participation Platform
You may communicate with other members and/or the Organiser via the Participation Platform. Any information you communicate on the Participation Platform, both when registering and when using the Services (e.g. posts on public discussion forums, emails, discussions, certain elements of your application form, etc.), is subject to the following guarantees:
- the content you post will be accurate and will not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights (copyright, trademark, patent) and generally will not violate any laws whatsoever (including export control laws, unfair competition laws, anti-discrimination laws, false advertising laws, etc.);
- be the owner or have obtained prior permission from the third party owner of all intellectual property rights contained in your application form;
- you are not obliged to transfer or have transferred any rights in your Application Pack to a third party under any employment or other contractual relationship or, if applicable, you warrant that you have obtained any necessary authorisation from your employer or contracting party before submitting your Application Pack;
- be solely responsible for the content that you publish or upload on the Participation Platform, as well as for the transfer of technology or information that you engage in. The Organiser expressly declines all responsibility in this respect.
- Rules of conduct for Members on the Participation Platform
When you use the Participation Platform, you agree to:
- not to submit any false, misleading, malicious or fraudulent information to us, other members, the Competition panel or the Organiser;
- not to publish content that is defamatory, abusive, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, aggressive, inappropriate, violent, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic, or content with sexual connotations, inciting violence, discrimination or hatred, encouraging illegal activities, or more generally content that contradicts good morals or the purposes of the Participation Platform;
- not to infringe the rights and image of the Organiser, such as its intellectual property rights;
- not to open more than one Account on the Participation Platform and not to open an Account in the name of a third party;
- not to use the Account of another Community member;
- not to circumvent the Participation Platform, in particular by attempting to contact the Organiser or by sending your Application Form outside the Participation Platform;
- not to transfer data that contains viruses, Trojan horses or any file or computer program that could disrupt, destroy or limit the operation of any computer or network directly or indirectly linked to the Participation Platform;
- not to use any device, software or routine that may disrupt the proper functioning of the Participation Platform or that is intended to damage, disrupt, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable burden on the Participation Platform (e.g. sending spam);
- not to violate the principle of confidentiality that may exist in the context of the Competition and/or any programme organised on the Participation Platform; and
- more generally, not to act in any way that violates the law or these GTCU.
As part of your participation in the Competition, you may be required to keep certain information confidential in accordance with the competition rules.
- Role of the Organiser / Limitation of liability
The Organiser has no control over the behaviour of the members of the Community and does not control the information communicated by others and made available through the Participation Platform.
The Organiser will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information published on the Participation Platform is accurate and up to date, without being able to guarantee this.
Likewise, the Organiser does not guarantee that the Participation Platform will function without interruption, without bugs or viruses. In this respect, the Candidate declares that he/she accepts the functionalities and limitations of the Internet. In any event, the Organiser recommends that the Candidate protect his/her computer and telephone equipment by installing anti-virus software and securing his/her internet connection.
In general, the Organiser declines all responsibility for :
- the content or use of any part of the application form;
- a Candidate's failure to participate in the Competition or in any programme organised on the Participation Platform;
- any direct or indirect damage such as financial loss, loss of business or moral prejudice that a Candidate may suffer as a result of using the Participation Platform or participating in a Competition;
- any failure not attributable to the Organiser, in particular in the event of a cut in the Candidate's Internet network, saturation of the Candidate's network or servers, manipulation and/or negligence on the part of the Candidate, the occurrence of an event of Force Majeure, fraudulent use of the connection identifiers due to the Candidate's fault or negligence, improper use of the Services, etc.
If the Candidate has a dispute of any kind with another member of the Participation Platform, he/she must inform the Organiser, who will take the necessary steps to remedy the dispute.
However, the Promoter will not be liable for any claims, damages, expenses or other costs that the Candidate incurs or suffers as a result of such dispute.
- Suspension, termination and limitations on access to your Account
In the event that the Candidate fails to comply with all or part of the GTCU or, more broadly, with the laws and regulations in force, the Organiser reserves the right to suspend or close his/her Account immediately, without prejudice to any damages that the Organiser may claim.
In the event that either party fails to comply with its obligations under the GTCU, the injured party may initiate any action to put an end to the said failure and, if necessary, have the said failure sanctioned.
In the event of termination for any reason whatsoever, access to the Participation Platform will be suspended.
- Termination at the initiative of the Candidate
You may terminate your contractual relationship with the Organiser and close your Account at any time by clicking on the "Delete your profile" tab on your profile or by contacting the Organiser. The termination will take effect immediately.
- Termination at the Organiser's initiative
The Organiser reserves the right to stop the operation of the Participation Platform at any time, subject to prior notification to the Candidates and the observance of a 3 (three) month notice period, without being held liable in this respect.
- Personal data
By using the Participation Platform and creating an Account, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your personal data in accordance with the relevant legal and regulatory texts in force and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- Operation, availability and functionality of the Participation Platform
We will make every effort to ensure that the Participation Platform is always accessible. However, access to the Participation Platform or the use of certain features may be suspended or interrupted without notice due to technical maintenance, migration or updates, or due to network failures or constraints, or for other technical reasons.
We reserve the right to modify or suspend all or part of your access to the Participation Platform or its features, at our sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
The Participation Platform may contain links to other websites. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of such links does not imply any association with their operators.
- Modification of the GTCU
These GTCU and the documents incorporated by reference herein represent the entire agreement between you and the Organiser with respect to your use of the Participation Platform and the Services.
The Organiser may modify these GTCU in order to adapt them to its technological and commercial environment, and to comply with the law. Any changes made to these GTCU will be published on the Participation Platform, mentioning the date of entry into force. It is your responsibility to consult these GTCU regularly to take note of any changes.
- Applicable law and dispute resolution
These GTCU are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws.
In the event of difficulty in the interpretation or execution of these GTCU, the Candidate will have the possibility, before any legal action, to seek an amicable solution to his/her dispute with the Organiser by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of failure to resolve the dispute between the parties, the User, in his capacity as a consumer, may also first refer the matter to a consumer mediator who has been approved by the ‘Commission for the Evaluation of Consumer Mediation’ for the sector of activity concerned.
In order to refer the matter to a consumer mediator, the Candidate must first contact the Organiser by sending a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to the following address UNIBAIL MANAGEMENT, 7 place du Chancelier Adenauer, Paris, France.
In the absence of a response within one (1) month or in the event of an unsatisfactory response from the Organiser, the User may have recourse free of charge to the mediation service for consumer disputes.
Any request that is manifestly unfounded or abusive or that has been or is being examined by another mediator or by a court shall not be reviewed by the mediator.
If the dispute cannot be settled by mediation, you irrevocably agree to submit all disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any part of the GTCU is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be deemed unwritten, without affecting the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to apply.
- Date of entry into force
17 May 2023